Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Darkness

The moonless night provides comfort,
The freedom to admit the truth.
It does not judge like the light of day –
Simply renders everything moot.
It is a dream that cannot last,
For it must give way to dawn.
But just for now, it is total peace;
It does not brag or taunt.

It is under the cover of darkness
That time seems to stand still.
All selfish, worldly desires fade,
And the guilt of causing ill.
Maybe I hurt you, or you hurt me –
You can’t wish away the past.
But now they’re all just memories.
What’s the point of making them last?

If it were up to me, the sun
Would never rise again.
I’d live my life in darkness,
Quiet until the end.
I’d hurt none and help none;
I’d just come and go.
Pain, pleasure – all mine;
No one would ever know.

Yet a new day must begin...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very beautiful poem. it captures the feeling of the night. have you ever listened to Debussy's Nocturne? check it out. i find parallels with your poem. keep writing.

March 12, 2009 at 2:40 PM  
Blogger in4sight said...

I finally had a chance to listen to Debussy's piece and loved it. Thank you for sharing :)

April 1, 2009 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger Ranjith said...

night's are comfortable.. really and
u haven't posted anything since long!!?

April 10, 2009 at 1:46 AM  
Blogger in4sight said...

yeah... been lost in my own world... :)

April 10, 2009 at 2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home